View Cart | 0 | Checkout
Since 1999,
has been the most trusted supplier of Maryland Name Change Forms
for Adults, Minors and New Brides.
For Questions or to Place an Order Please Email Us at

Bride Name Change
Adult Name Change
Minor Name Change

About Us
Three Step Process
Name Change Law Procedures
Name Change FAQ
Contact Us
Credit Card Processing


Where should an application/petition for a Name Change be filed?

Answer: Pursuant to Maryland Rules of Procedure 15-901, an application for permission to use another name must be made in the County in which the applicant currently resides.

What fees or costs are generally incurred in a Name Change proceeding?

Answer: The filing fee for a change of name is $105. Checks are made payable to the Clerk of the Circuit Court. There is a $30 charge to have the petition posted in the courthouse. Checks for the posting are made payable to the Sheriff or the Sheriff's Office will bill you directly.

In addition to filing fees, you will also be required to pay the cost of publishing the final order in a local newspaper. This is required by the Maryland Rules of Procedure 15-901. If you publish the request for change of name in the newspaper, the newspaper will bill you directly for this service.

What information and documentation are required in a Name Change proceeding?

Answer: You will generally be required to provide the following:
  1. Proof of date and place of birth (generally established by providing a certified copy of your birth certificate). In certain instances, the judge may permit the use of a passport, or other legal document as proof of the date and place of birth.
  2. Reason: you must provide the court with the reason for wanting the change of name.
  3. Legal Forms. We provide you with all legal forms required for your procedure. Among other information, your petition must set forth:
  4. If the person whose name is sought to be changed is a minor, the names and addresses of that person's parents and any guardian or custodian; and
  5. Whether the person whose name is sought to be changed has ever registered as a sexual offender and, if so, the full name(s) (including suffixes) under which the person was registered.

What if I want to change my child's name?

Answer: Pursuant to Maryland Health Gen. Code Ann. §4-214, if the child is less than one-year old, you may be able to change the child's name without a court order. We offer a full set of forms and instructions for petitions involving the name change of a minor child.

Are there publication requirements?

Answer: Yes, unless the court on motion of the petitioner orders otherwise. The Statute requires that the petitioner arrange for the publication of the change of name in at least one newspaper which is deemed appropriate by the Court. The notice shall be published one time in a newspaper of general circulation in the county at least fifteen days before the date specified in the notice for filing an objection to the petition.